Surprised by this title? Yeah…I am too!
This is different from what I usually talk about with Mental Health!
But I felt like I needed to share what I have learned over the years on getting ready to finally purchase our family homestead this summer and FULFILL MY DREAM that I have had for years.
I hesitated to do a podcast on this because I am NOT an expert nor am I homesteading YET!
I thought it would be good to share with you what I am learning WHILE I am searching.
I have learned so many logistics and mechanics on how to make my dream a reality and I believe it will help you if you are considering it too.
In this episode, I will be talking about the W’s of getting started with Homesteading. How, When, Where, What, Why.
But here is a preview:
- I DEEPLY desire for a slower pace of life, friendlier community, and getting back to the land and nature, especially since I grew up that way.
- These ARE the last days. Christ’s Second Coming is sooner than we think. I want to be prepared physically for those difficult events to come.
- Where do you want to be? How far away will your urban fringe will be so you can still get to a Costco/Walmart? Does your work situation allow you to further out?
- How much land do you want? Current homestead or buying a lot to build your own home? What do you want to do with your homestead? (As little as a 1/4 acre with your house, a chicken coop & a garden… all the way to having a 10 acres with the whole gamut – greenhouse, barn, pasture, pens, etc…
- The toughest question of all. I will be going through specifics such as-
- Mentally preparing: Resilience, getting your family on board, your current lifestyle
- Creating a “Saved Search” on a Real Estate App for the type of property you want (even before you are ready to buy) so you can look for a while and get used to what the lingo and culture of buying a homestead is like
- Utilities: Having Water, Septic, Power and Gas
- MANY other things…
There will be two parts to this episode because it is such a big topic. So stay tuned next week for Part 2 where I will be talking about:
- The Home itself and what your options are
- Irrigation: Having water is KEY
- PLUS! A Budgeting Breakdown – with actual prices $$$
Kind of cool, right?! It is exciting to share and I wish I had a complete resource like this when I first started searching and figuring this out. Reach out anytime if you have any questions – [email protected].